[winetest] Show missing tests in single/group results

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 14:41:44 CDT 2007

Hi,

(I've just remembered that there is a limit on the email size, so I'm doing it a
bit differently now. The other email, including the screenshots, will probably
come through as well)

Before sending this to wine-patches I would like people to have a look first.

This patch makes sure that missing tests are shown in the test results, both
when there is only one system in a group (f.e. Win98) or multiple systems in a
group.

On 'http://www.xs4all.nl/~pvriens/200708031000.old.single/' you can see the
current state of the test results. When a test is missing a '.' is shown (this
is of course different from a missing test where we don't have results at all
but that's shown as a '.' as well).

On 'http://www.xs4all.nl/~pvriens/200708031000.old.group/' you can see the
current state when a group of systems is involved. When tests are missing for a
group, a '.' is shown with a link to the group overview. There is however no
missing test output in the group overview (for example gdiplus and pdh)

'http://www.xs4all.nl/~pvriens/200708031000.new.single/' shows the new results
page for single tests. Instead of a single '.' there is a failure shown (red
box) and a skip border (as these tests have not run). There is still a '.' which
could maybe better be a '?'. There is also a 'onMouseOver' hint when you go over
the '.'.

'http://www.xs4all.nl/~pvriens/200708031000.new.group/' shows the new results
when a group is involved. The main summary is still the same as in the old one,
but the group results now also show the missing tests (see gdiplus and pdh
again). Again there is a 'onMouseOver' hint in the group results.

Remember that this is still without winetest producing output about missing dll's.

Next patches will:

- add a missing dll as one of the reasons for missing tests
- add some better clue's on the main summary for multiple systems in a group
(not a single '.' but maybe the same 'failed and skipped').

As said, one of the thoughts I had was to replace the '.' with a '?' in case of
missing tests for an unknown reason but I'm not sure about that yet.

Comments/remarks etc.. are welcome.

I'd also like to hear about other idea's for this page to make it useful for
everybody. Apart from the fact that we probably should have more exposure to the
fact that we have such a page/tool.
We saw an immediate rise (slowed down again) in test results as soon as winetest
was mentioned on 'http://tweakers.net/meuktracker/15817/Wine-0.9.42.html' (in
Dutch). There it was also mentioned that some machines crashed because of the
tests etc.. (maybe a wine-winetest component on bugzilla could help with that
which we could reference on the main test.winehq.org/data/*/index.html pages).

Cheers,

Paul.