[Winetest] Possible removal of LoadLibrary and friends in the conformance tests

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Aug 7 08:01:22 CDT 2007

Am Dienstag, 7. August 2007 10:29 schrieb H. Verbeet:
> On 07/08/07, Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You mean 'Direct3DCreate8' in the d3d8 tests (Oh wait, there's also
> > 'ValidateVertexShader' and 'ValidatePixelShader') and 'Direct3DCreate9'
> > in the d3d9 tests?
> >
> > For consistency sake we should change it there as well. Although it's
> > just a LoadLibrary turned into a GetModuleHandle.
>
> Yeah.
I am not an expert on this, but I think using LoadLibrary helps compilation on
systems where the library is not available, e.g. cross compiling. Last time I
checked mingw did not have a d3d10.a file to link to d3d10.dll, and it would
also help to compile d3d10 apps on winxp(not sure if there's a need for that
though).

Then there are also sort of undocumented internal dlls which wine still has to
implement - ddrawex.dll comes to my mind, which seems to be a special ddraw
lib for Internet Explorer. It contains the IDirectDraw3 interface, sort of a
missing link, and I didn't find a ddrawex.lib or ddrawex.a to link against.