[Winetest] Possible removal of LoadLibrary and friends in the conformance tests

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 08:43:11 CDT 2007

Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 7. August 2007 10:29 schrieb H. Verbeet:
>> On 07/08/07, Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> You mean 'Direct3DCreate8' in the d3d8 tests (Oh wait, there's also
>>> 'ValidateVertexShader' and 'ValidatePixelShader') and 'Direct3DCreate9'
>>> in the d3d9 tests?
>>>
>>> For consistency sake we should change it there as well. Although it's
>>> just a LoadLibrary turned into a GetModuleHandle.
>> Yeah.
> I am not an expert on this, but I think using LoadLibrary helps compilation on
> systems where the library is not available, e.g. cross compiling. Last time I
> checked mingw did not have a d3d10.a file to link to d3d10.dll, and it would
> also help to compile d3d10 apps on winxp(not sure if there's a need for that
> though).
>
> Then there are also sort of undocumented internal dlls which wine still has to
> implement - ddrawex.dll comes to my mind, which seems to be a special ddraw
> lib for Internet Explorer. It contains the IDirectDraw3 interface, sort of a
> missing link, and I didn't find a ddrawex.lib or ddrawex.a to link against.

I guess it would help in cross compilation. But isn't that the 'responsibility'
of the cross-compiling package? If you want to crosscompile d3d10 on linux (and
are using mingw) then mingw should provide you with the necessary stuff.

The special dll like ddrawex.dll falls under the same category I guess.

But I'm a little bit biased in this of course :-).

Cheers,

PAul.