exporting file associations for linux desktops

Vincent Povirk madewokherd+d41d at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 08:02:57 CDT 2007

On 8/9/07, Misha Koshelev <mk144210 at bcm.edu> wrote:
<snip>
> still be able to start both). Using this approach would also solve any
> problems with wine's start not necessarily having the appropriate
> command line parameter support. I am starting to like/favor the
> install-time association approach.

How would it solve that?

If you mean we should attempt to start the program directly using the
command-line from Linux instead of ShellExecute, I think this is a
very bad idea. We would suddenly have to worry about setting the
working directory correctly, replacing %1 and anything similar, not to
mention handling those actions that use some other method. We'd pretty
much have to rewrite ShellExecute on the Linux side.

--
Vincent Povirk