[MSI/tests] ConvertSidToStringSid not available on win98/NT4

Jakob Eriksson jakob at vmlinux.org
Thu Aug 9 11:01:47 CDT 2007

Paul Vriens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ConvertSidToStringSid (advapi32) is not available on win98/NT4 so the
> msi tests (all of them) do not run on those platforms currently.
>
> I could use skip but that basically would mean no
> MsiQueryProductState, MsiQueryFeatureState and MsiQueryComponentState
> tests.
>
> Another thing is to copy over the ConvertSidToStringSid implementation
> from advapi32 to the relevant tests.
>
> Any other ideas (or better yet, solutions)?

My $.05 ; I would like to see the NT4 column all green some day, because
NT4 ended as a very stable and useful version of Windows.
If we can't even verify we support NT4 functionality with Wine, how far
have we really come?

(I know Wine is supposed to "run win32 applications", not "emulate a
Windows version", but still...)

regards,
Jakob