[MSI/tests] ConvertSidToStringSid not available on win98/NT4

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 13:32:05 CDT 2007

On Thursday 09 August 2007 18:01:47 Jakob Eriksson wrote:

> My $.05 ; I would like to see the NT4 column all green some day, because
> NT4 ended as a very stable and useful version of Windows.
> If we can't even verify we support NT4 functionality with Wine, how far
> have we really come?

That won't happen. E.g. I plan to eventually have Kerberos support in
secur32.dll. NT4 doesn't do that. So whatever you do that's Win2k or beyond
won't work on older Windows versions. That doesn't mean the test is bad. It
also doesn't mean Wine can't run NT applications.

I don't see how exactly having all test work on NT4 will make Wine better.
Kai

--
Kai Blin
WorldForge developer  http://www.worldforge.org/