Poll: where do you have certs installed?

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Thu Aug 16 09:06:31 CDT 2007

On Thursday 16 August 2007, you wrote:
> Kuba Ober <kuba at mareimbrium.org> writes:
> > On Wednesday 15 August 2007, Juan Lang wrote:
> >> Could some of you check where you have, say, OpenSSL's CA certificates
> >> installed, and email me what distro you're running, and the path?
> >
> > Why? This is a non-issue. Make it a configure parameter, document in the
> > changelog/release notes, and the packagers will take care of it.
>
> It's very much an issue if you want to build a binary that works on
> multiple distros (like Crossover, to take a random example). That's
> already hard enough to do as it is...

A configurable symlink then? Crossover can have their own hack in place for
that, it doesn't really belong in an open-source system IMHO. It's a
triviality, and hardcoding various "maybe here, maybe there" paths to look
through will only prompt "hey, but it doesn't work for ME" issues... Again,
IMHO.

Anyway, on my FC6 system the certs are in
/etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt

Cheers, Kuba