#winehq admin abuse

Jeremy White jwhite at winehq.org
Fri Aug 17 08:06:25 CDT 2007

> aren't, things like this happen. I'm still banned from the channel,
> people in this mailing list have said he shouldn't have banned me, and
> yet, I'm still not unbanned.

Ouch.

I will say that I appreciate all that Vitaliy does; he truly does
an amazing amount of helpful work.  I also have great sympathy
for his frustration with users.

Further, I think the assessments of the conversation are essentially
accurate; Vitaliy was quite reasonably frustrated with the conversation.

But I want to state for the record that I think Jonathan is
correct on one point:  he should not have been banned, and
he certainly should not be banned now.

That was an overreaction and an abuse of op privileges, in my opinion.

Vitaliy, I think you should take a break, or /ignore, or /kick, or use
some other tool to ease your frustration; a ban is inappropriate except
in the most extreme cases, in my opinion.

Cheers,

Jeremy