choppy anim

Skrzynka skrzynka365 at konto.pl
Sat Aug 18 16:46:10 CDT 2007

Hi,
I'm trying to get some game (Settlers 3) to work on Wine (updated
sources recently from git). If possible, I'd like to ask for some clues
for a start:

1) the issue is choppy animation - the frame rate is abt 1/sec while the
cpu load is low. However there are random periods when there seem to be
about few frames per second (and cpu is laoded 100%).  I tried measuring
the time between call and return of DLL functions in relay.c. The only
thing that looked suspiciously was WaitForSingle|MultipleObjects having
times like 200-500ms. I also tried adding some delay to
WaitForVerticalBlank in ddraw.c but also to no effect.
Where should I start looking for the problem - some events or callbacks
code? which?

2) when I run it from within winedbg i get lots of exceptions (no matter
if app was started from winedbg or it was attached later) and no matter
what combination of pass/continue I do, the app crashed with some msg
box about exception or structured exception. Any pointers to docs on this?

Any suggestions will help greatly.
Thanks & regards
  Piotr

--
----- AlphaNet - najtaniej w sieci! --------
  Odnowienia domen w rewelacyjnych cenach!