winmm: Change default driver order to be alsa,coreaudio,oss - try2

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sun Aug 19 13:59:40 CDT 2007

Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
> Vitaliy Margolen schreef:
>> Isn't this a bit premature? ALSA still does not support proper sound
>> capture, working mixer, and not stable enough on some configurations.
> Mixer works properly, as you saw for yourself. Only thing that is
> different is just that the alsa accelerated capture code is new and
> might contain a few bugs. Apart from that everything is there and
> working, unless you have some win3.11 apps that need aux.
>
> Cheers,
> Maarten

Yeah I sent an e-mail before finding out which mixer doesn't work. Of course
MPU401 doesn't have one :-)

I would still suggest to wait for at least one more week before committing
this patch. Also historically it was a bad idea to select multiple sund
devices, as all of them require different settings. For example majority of
users can't use full acceleration with OSS, because in almost all cases it's
alsa->oss driver on non hw-mixing capable hardware/drivers. While "full" is
recommended for ALSA to work properly.

Vitaliy.