[Winetest RFI] What do you want out of the test suite?

Wagner Ferenc wferi at niif.hu
Mon Aug 20 04:03:53 CDT 2007

Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> writes:

> I've been playing a bit with have the 'todo_<platform>' on the page. In theory
> it's possible that there are todo_<platform>'s that why I don't refer to todo_wine.
>
> On http://www.xs4all.nl/~pvriens/200708181000_orig/ you can see the current
> situation for some random test results.
>
> On http://www.xs4all.nl/~pvriens/200708181000_with_todo/ I've added a column
> with todo's if one or more tests have a todo_item. This todo columns will only
> be present in the main summary and shows the maximum number of todo's for that
> test for that platform.
>
> I've tried adding the todo information to the current table cells but didn't
> find a satisfactory (that is nice looking) way. This is especially true for
> tests that also have a skip.

Hi Paul,

Why not introduce something like

.todo_pass {
        background-color: #60ff60;
        border-right-style: solid;
        border-left-style: solid;
        border-width: thick;
        border-left-color: #ffffff;
        border-right-color: #60ff60;
}

That way todo_wine needn't be special in any way, and this notation
also carries over for the individual test results (which should be the
same, but some more visualization can't hurt).  In the group overview
the tooltip could also be extended by this information.

Unless you can use some clever inheritance (cascading), you'll
have to introduce all of .todo_skip_pass, .todo_mixed, etc. but that's
manageable.

I chose white border color in the above example, as I couldn't come up
with anything better.  Besides clashing with the textual fields (.,
crash, timeout, etc.) it's not bad in my opinion.  We could as well
live with it.
--
Cheers,
Feri.