[Winetest RFI] What do you want out of the test suite?

Wagner Ferenc wferi at niif.hu
Mon Aug 20 06:55:27 CDT 2007

Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> writes:

> Wagner Ferenc wrote:
>> Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> http://www.xs4all.nl/~pvriens/200708181000_with_todo_yellow_border_and_group/
>>> is the same but also shows that are are todo's for a group in the
>>> summary.
>>
>> Yeah, that's what I experimented with, thanks for presenting it so
>> quickly!  I'd add a title (tooltip) for the decorated group results,
>> stating the number of todos (next to the best number, or alone).
>> Skips could receive the same treatment, too.
>
> Do you really think there's a need to have the left border also in the
> group results? I think that it suffices to have them in the main
> summary. They have more to do with the test and not so much with the
> report.

Yes, you are right.  They are more important in the main summary, as
they are a property of the tests, not the individual reports.  Still,
I'd keep them everywhere, just for the shake of consistency.  But if
they clutter the screen too much, let them go.  One more thing to vote
on.

> If we need them in the group results we have the strange thing again
> that some are mentioned (the ones that don't differ and have 0
> failures) in the main results but not in the group. This of course
> can be overcome again by adding them ......

I'm not sure this would warrant adding these otherwise uninteresting
lines.  One can't easily see the dissected results this way, but todos
aren't really represented in the output anyway.
--
Cheers,
Feri.