[patch] Garbage code in text string display

Guan Xin guanx.bac at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 01:44:06 CDT 2007

On 8/20/07, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:
> It doesn't matter when you looked at the code versus when you
> submitted the patch.   You prove a 'bug' is necessary by writing test
> cases.  Also, please bottom-post in this mailing list.
>
> --
> James Hawkins

Acturally, I have test cases because I found where the problem resides
by looking into my own Windows program's source code,
which was written some years ago and has garbage code problems
with WINE. Does this mail list support attachment? May I post my
source code here? And maybe also a binary (.exe).

However, I could only guarantee, say, 99% correctness of this patch.
I thought you might want 100% confidence of its correctness when
conformance test was demanded (see prev.).
This can not be achieved without knowing Microsoft itself is retaining
this bug. So I looked at their source code afterwards.

I think I might misunderstood your meaning by "conformance test".
If the test need not be thorough or guarantee 100% correctness of
the patch, only my own Windows program's source code are needed.

Xin