Compositing GL

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 13:57:04 CDT 2007

> This solution is the best way to go. Luckily Microsoft made similar changes in
> Vista.

Conceptually its probably correct, but I think the speed hit is pretty
large, and it's not like we've got a lot of performance to spare. As
for the Vista comparison... Vista isn't exactly well known for it's
OpenGL performance either. What is the performance hit for something
like the CSS stress test? That should be a bit more representative
than dx9 swapchains.

I'm certainly not saying it's not a good idea, but I do think the
performance hit shouldn't be quite as noticeable.