Using pthread_create within Wine

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Aug 22 16:28:36 CDT 2007

"Phil Lodwick" <Phil.Lodwick at EFI.COM> writes:

> My initial test of creating two threads, one that is Win32-aware and then
> synchronizing between the two of them appears to work.  Does anybody know why
> this might be a bad idea?

It's not a bad idea, except maybe for performance reasons. As long as
you don't make Win32 calls from the pthread-created thread things
should work fine.

A better way would be to override pthread_create to create a proper
Win32 thread; we already do that for kthreads support so it shouldn't
be too hard to do the same thing for pthreads.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org