Application minimizing resizes it to icon size.

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Thu Aug 23 13:10:13 CDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 23. August 2007 20:02 schrieb Meelis Mägi:
> commands i used to run Ryzom:
> 1)wine client_ryzom_rd.exe
> 2)wine explorer.exe /desktop=ryzom,1280x1024 client_ryzom_rd.exe
> (minimizing Ryzom window inside wine desktop)
>
> Ryzom hates to be resized to icon mode in both occasions. it detects
> the size change and relocates ingame UI accordingly.  window in
> bottom-left is moved to top-right, bottom-right to top-left etc. its
> completely Ryzom's problem that it behaves like that.
Ok, in that case I have no idea about the problem. There was a change recently
to catch focus losses away from wine correctly, but that patch caused
unintuitive behavior in virtual desktops. When the virtual desktop looses the
focus now, apps see that they lost the focus and react to it. Especially for
games this is strange. I do not know if I should consider that behavior a bug
though. It is correct to report the focus loss, since the focus is indeed
lost, but apps minimizing in the VD isn't optimal either.

But I do not think that this is related to your problem.