Regression at #9443 - caused by "winex11: Force a window to managed mode when it is activated"

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sat Aug 25 03:11:02 CDT 2007

Alex Villací­s Lasso <a_villacis at palosanto.com> writes:

> This is one of a series of patches on winex11 committed on August 20. Since they
> did not pass through wine-patches, I don't really know what are they supposed to
> fix. This is keeping me from simply submitting a reversal of this patch to
> wine-patches. Could somebody be so kind as to explain?

They are supposed to fix the gazillion problems we have with various
windows not being managed, thus not getting focus, always staying on
top, etc. It does this by making any window that receives focus switch
to managed mode at that point. It should give better results than the
simple static heuristic based on the window style, but there are
certainly some cases where it will do the wrong thing.

What you should do is either figure out if there's a way to make that
window behave properly while still keeping it managed, or if not,
whether there's a way to identify that kind of windows to prevent them
from getting managed at all.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org