getting started...

Ed Sutter esutter at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Aug 28 08:02:47 CDT 2007

Dan,
Maybe I mis-read something out of context...
On http://winehq.org/site/contributing#port_app, under the section
"Porting Your Windows Application to Wine" it suggests this.

I wrote uCon (a win32 application) and I would really like it to
work with Wine.  The majority of it does now.  The GUI appears to be
good; however, character throughput is not messed up.  Kinda like a
1960 Corvette on the outside with a Corvair engine under the hood!!!
:-(

Anyway, if it makes more sense for me to just report problems that I have
with uCon when running it on wine, that's fine with me.  Bottom line is
I will do whatever is most appropriate/helpful/efficient to get it running
and that includes doing some wine code if necessary.

I also have no problem with changing things in uCon to make it work better
with wine.  Whichever works best.  I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks
Ed