try2:patch for sysparams.c

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Thu Aug 30 05:49:42 CDT 2007

On Thursday August 30 2007 09:25, Ivan Sinitsin wrote:
> В сообщении от Thursday 30 August 2007 12:44:15 вы написали:
> > 	Sorry, but purpose of your patch is unclear to me. In your changelog
> > field you tell that "This patch does a font for the menu, statusbar and
> > messages dependent from logpixels" but as far as I know WINE already have
> > correct behavior and respects the LogPixels value (it already sets
> > correct size in menu, status bar and other GUI elements). This is why I'm
> > asking you for an real-world example (with real-world application) of
> > what you are trying to fix.
> >
> > 	P.S. Don't forget to reply to wine-devel so others can see the
> > discussion.
>
> This is Screenshot of 1С programm under wine without my patch with option
> "Too large". We can view that font menu and font of other GUI elements is
> diffrent.

	Did you try to run this 1C program on Windows? If on Windows it looks like in
current WINE without your patch then this is correct and there is nothing to
fix - it is already working as it should. Of course, if in Windows it looks
differently then this should be fixed. Check this first.
	Just a note: in Windows program can override your default font size and even
DPI setting if they really want this.
	In anyway your patch shouldn't break correct behavior of almost all programs
in WINE! In fact with your patch all programs I have tested (20+ so far) with
menus or status bars are broken (extremely large font with my DPI resolution
(150); but as I have said before even with standard resolution of 120 DPI
fonts are still too big with your patch).

>>Test case probably would be nice thing.
>ok. I think about it.

	Good test case will probably help you to write correct patch and will prevent
possible regressions in the future; it also will be much easier to get your
patch accepted with test case. But as I have said above you need to make sure
that on Windows the program in question looks differently and if so try to
fix this (without breaking other programs of course).