RegDeleteTree and older versions of windows?

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 02:35:12 CDT 2007

Now that most functions get replaced with RegDeleteTree, I'm wondering
if it is possible to link against that function statically for
mingw/msvc dlls, so wine dlls can be still be used on win9x and windows
nt and win2k.

The problem is I don't know what the best solution would be to make sure
the function makes it in, in case of mingw. I think it would be best to
add it to include/wine/regdeltree.h and then include it from all dlls
that need it, and probably from dlls/advapi32/registry.c as well, so
code duplication is avoided.

Something along the lines of:

 #if defined(__MINGW32__) || defined(__MSVC__) || defined(EXPORTREGDELTREE)
(insert regdeltree functions here)
#endif

I'm open for suggestions though, since I really can't come up with any
good ways to make sure wine dlls will keep working for older versions of
windows.

Cheers,
Maarten