wine 0.9.5 IO completion port questions

Marius Slyzius marius.slyzius at scimore.com
Mon Dec 3 11:27:45 CST 2007

Hello all.

I am trying to run ScimoreDB database which uses fibers, non-blocked IO for
sockets and files,  and completion port. It did started ok under 0.9.5 and
seems it is working!!!:), so I would like to verify few things about async
IO with completion ports before recompiling it with winelib.

1) will write/read file/socket with completion port is true asynchronous
operation. I am asking because every time write/read operation returns true,
and never IO pending error.

2) possible bug: the server sends 1500 bytes with WsaSend ( with 2 WSABUFFER
) and the client receive only 1452 bytes and calls WsaRecv again. Also on
the server, the completion port receive event that transferred 1452 bytes.
However, the last 8 bytes are never sends nor completion port event arrives.
Is it perhaps something to do with the VMWare tool where I run Ubuntu 7.10?

Please, send me an info also to my mail: marius at scimore.com , because I
might miss the answer here.

Thank you!

Marius Slyzius