system.sfd: make 18 pixel strike with Japanese jvgasys glyphs

Huw Davies huw at codeweavers.com
Thu Dec 6 03:33:26 CST 2007

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Aric Stewart" <aric at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>
>> Ahh, too late at night and my attempts to get the widths for the 18
>> pixel strikes had side effects.
>>
>> I have resubmitted.  Hand checked the widths of the glyphs for both 16
>> and 18 pixles to make sure they are correct.  Had to redraw many of the
>> 18 pixel strikes (The capitals) to get them to fit into the proper widths.
>
> New patch still changes widths of a lot of existing glyphs, watch out
> for changes like:
>
>>  StartChar: space
>>  Encoding: 32 32 0
>> -Width: 4
>> +Width: 291

I think this is ok.  The Width between the StartChar/EndChar lines is
the width of the outline glyph, but these fonts don't have outline
glyphs so it doesn't really matter.  Fontforge seems to reset this
whenever you add a new bitmap strike.

I do tend to edit the sfd to remove these changes in order to reduce the
size of the diff.

Huw.