d3d fill caps oddity

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Fri Dec 7 05:49:54 CST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 6. Dezember 2007 22:57:53 schrieb Christoph Frick:
> Hi wined3d devs,
>
> i get this message on my notebook (Quadro 570m):
>
> fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps OpenGL implementation supports 32 vertex
> samplers and 32 total samplers fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps Expected
> vertex samplers + MAX_TEXTURES(=8) > combined_samplers
Ah, this is a false positive, and actually harmless. One could patch the code
to not warn about this situation. See the comments in the code about why this
happens.

d3d9 doesn't support more than 4 vertex samplers, so even if the card supports
more(a gf8 class card supports 32, due to the uniformed shader architecture),
we're still fine with 8 fixed function textures and 4 vertex samplers. So you
can suppress the warning by capping the supported fragment samplers at 4 in
this check(e.g. max(4, gl_info->fragment samplers)).