Saturday's(!) valgrind results

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Dec 8 19:09:40 CST 2007

For the first time I can recall, Alexandre committed lots
of changes on a Saturday, so I did a valgrind run.

http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/logs-2007-12-08-summary.txt
shows the highlights; basically, lots more warnings like
+ Syscall param writev(vector[1]) points to uninitialised byte(s)
For example, the one at the top of
http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/logs-2007-12-08/vg-user32_edit-diff.txt

+ Syscall param writev(vector[1]) points to uninitialised byte(s)
+    at  (within /lib/ld-2.5.so)
+    by  writev (in /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc-2.5.so)
+    by  wine_server_call (server.c:244)

The only change in the server was
http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=commitdiff;h=edd3f264d95c0c6bed9c18f51e42a9523bd305eb
so I guess the new errors reflect additional
error completion events being sent,
and that kind of event just happens to contain some
uninitialized bytes.

So this is probably in Alexandre's court, and
my guess is he'll consider this a false positive.
- Dan