directX 10 and hlsl2glsl

Sònia Xapellí Brú sonia.xapelli at ilidium.com
Sat Dec 8 13:42:05 CST 2007

 I know there was some discussion concerning the use of hlsl2glsl and
that it is not directly useful as it seems that the conversion to
assembler is necessary in d3d9. Nevertheless, when it comes to
d3d10,Shader Model 4 relies only  in source code and forbids the
programmers from implementing directly the assembler tokens. Therefore,
I think that in this case the best solution, maximising the use of the
graphic card capabilities goes mandatory to the use of the trasnlator
and leaving up to the graphic card driver the compilation of GLSL.

What do you think?