Wine Weekly News

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Dec 11 07:08:18 CST 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Jonathan Ernst wrote:
[...]
> About the new "AppDB Application Status Changes", I see that you have a
> "change" column.

I'm not convinced this column is of any use: it only repeats what we see
in the other two columns but in a less obvious way.

The total / global trend however would be more useful. Something like:
Applications whose rating improved: X
Applications whose rating worsened: Y

I'm not sure more detail is pratical because there are lots of possible
transitions: from Garbage to Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum; from
Silver to Garbage, ... (10 total).

We could also have a count of new applications for each rating. But
if this also counts newly added applications, then it does not say much
about whether applications improve or not. But it would give an idea of
the level of activity in the application database.

                            $live{free} || die "";