Monday's valgrind results: no new errors

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Dec 11 08:29:48 CST 2007

Alistair Leslie-Hughes wrote:
>Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>> http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/logs-2007-12-10-summary.txt
>> ... today's git is probably about as Valgrind-clean as Saturday's.
>
>From todays list there isn't a memory leak in vg-shlwapi_string.txt
>from but on the 8th there was.  Just a little concerned that something
>has been missed. I have a patch locally that I haven't submitted yet.

I haven't been paying any attention to memory leaks myself.
In fact, I only show files that include pointer and uninitialized access errors,
so if a module doesn't have any non-memory-leak
errors, I don't even show the file.  That may be why the
file is missing on the 10th.

I guess my thinking was "let's fix all the serious errors, then start
fixing memory leaks".  But I guess I should put some effort into
making the logs more useful for people looking for memory leaks.

Of course, if you can run valgrind locally, that's the best way to
investigate things in detail.
- Dan