Patch for process title on FreeBSD

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Dec 12 15:56:35 CST 2007

Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2007 18:50:39 schrieb Kris Moore:
>> Hey all!
>>
>> One of our devs noticed that on FreeBSD we don't get the process name
>> set properly, so in "ps" we get a lot of wine-pthread garbage. Here's a
>> small patch to fix this in dlls/kernel32/process.c
>>
>> I tried to make this as small & simple as possible, please let me know
>> what you think!
> I think using argv[1] is not the best way, as some wine parameter might be
> added in the future, or someone might use something like binfmt_misc on Linux
> to launch the app. In that case the .exe name is propably argv[0], but I am
> not sure.

Any suggestions on how we should weed through this / add this function?
It looks like the rest of the function assumes removing argv[0] as well,
if I'm reading it right.

I've tested this fix out on FreeBSD here, and it looks like it works,
showing a process as the actual win exe instead of wine-pthread now.

--

Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software