New bugzilla components.

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sat Dec 15 23:27:08 CST 2007

James Hawkins wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2007 11:02 PM, Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:
>> Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
>>> Rename wine-kernel -> kernel32, wine-ole -> ole32, wine-opengl -> opengl32,
>>> wine-user -> user32
>>>
>> Why do you want "32" at the end? Also note that opengl32 is a thunk dll.
>> Most of it's code somewhere else.
>>

> It's consistent with the policy: one component per module reported.
> What do you have against the 32?  As opengl32 is a thunk, there
> shouldn't be any bug reports attributed to that component, and the
> component shouldn't exist.  I'm fine with an opengl keyword if people
> want it, but as you said, the bug lies elsewhere.

Assigning openGL bugs to user32 or gdi32 doesn't make it any more clear
where the problem is. Because in most case that would be somewhere between
x11drv, gdi32, user32. There are lots of examples like that all over the
place. Don't forget who designed all this... hm not even sure there was any
designs actually. Hard assigning bugs to the dll won't make it any better
then too generic categories like we have now.

>>> Add gdi32, ntdll, oleaut32, rpcrt4 and any other missing DLL component.
>>>
>> No, please do not add all dlls, listed are fine. That will create huge
>> clutter. Lets do it one at a time, whenever we need it.
>>

> I'm fine with waiting for the report to add components, but there are
> bug reports now that need components that do not exist.

Then please list them.