[msiexec] A nicer icon

Frank Richter frank.richter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 13:14:24 CST 2007

On 19.12.2007 13:04, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Having icons in .svg format is a nice improvement, but we'll need a tool
> to build the .ico from the .svg. We also need to include multiple sizes
> in the .ico, most places want a 32x32 icon, and scaling down the 48x48
> looks bad. Of course we should also look into taking advantage of the
> larger size where that's possible without breaking compatibility.

I've created a system to produce Win32 .icos from SVGs for another
project[1]. I used rsvg to convert svg->png, imagemagick's convert to
reduce color depths and finally icotool[2] to assemble the Win32 icon.

-f.r.

[1]
http://trac.crystalspace3d.org/trac/CS/browser/CS/trunk/mk/jam/icons.jam
- it's for the Jam build system, but at least you can see the commands
used (the stuff in 'actions').
[2] Part of icoutils: http://www.nongnu.org/icoutils/