ole32: fix wrong timeout check

Alexander Dorofeyev alexd4 at inbox.lv
Sat Dec 22 16:37:32 CST 2007

Yeah these calculations are a headache. I could probably write

now < start_time || now >= start_time + dwTimeout

to at least avoid a "hang" if GetTickCount counter overflows. This won't solve
not waiting the required time if, say, start_time + dwTimeout overflows, and
that can also be a problem (for example, I found this bug by bisecting a
regression in an installer that happened because the function didn't properly
wait). To be really purist, we would probably need a macro or a function with
branching that correctly handles all possible overflow situations and tells if
the required interval elapsed between "tick" values A and B. I wonder if a patch
like that would be accepted, though, and also in what file this macro/function
could be implemented?

This seems to be pretty widespread, too, one of CoWaitForMultipleHandles callers
- RPC_GetLocalClassObject - now also has a similar timeout check.