bugfix for bug #6994

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 19:36:47 CST 2007

On Saturday 22 December 2007 04:43:17 pm Alexei Slepov wrote:
> We can't use ordinary backbuffer to render textures, which size is more
> than
> size of the screen. For example, if the screen size is 800x600, we can't
> render background texture, which size is 1024x1024. So, if we are using
> backbuffer, we see only part of texture, which size is exactly 800x600.
> The only way to make the application working properly is to use pbuffer.

This is what the OffscreenRenderMethod option is for. If it's set to
backbuffer, wined3d needs to use the backbuffer as well as it can. If you
need to use pbuffers, set it to pbuffer (which I believe is the default?). Or
if the card supports it, use fbo, which is more flexible (and needed for some
of D3D9's capabilities, IIRC).