ole32: Fix a failed call to DllGetClassObject while retrieving class object interface pointer.

Huang, Zhangrong hzhrong at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 04:49:04 CST 2007

2007/12/23, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com>:
> On Dec 22, 2007 10:37 PM, Huang, Zhangrong <hzhrong at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi,

> > Thank you for mentioning that. But, I think that's kind of mixing up.
> > I didn't do anything like disassembly code to source code translation.
> > I just saw how native binaries work when debugging my app in Windows.
> >

> Disassembling of any kind is prohibited.  You don't have to convert
> the disassembly to source code first to disqualify.

Actually, I did say "assembly debugging" at first, because when I was debugging
my private app, what I saw in native ole32.dll was assembly code, so I called
"assembly debugging".  All I got that was native ole32.dll called
DllGetClassObject
twice, that's it, I didn't know how it done and still don't understand
that assembly code well.

> > I didn't have much knowledge about COM, so I searched MSDN and found
> > some useful info about DllGetClassObject, then I wrote the patch, it's
> > quite clean.
> >

> You just said you disassembled native ole32.dll.

Maybe I missed what your said and what you mean, but you said
"disassembly"  first,
I did mean I saw native ole32.dll in assembly code mode, not mean I
did disassembly
or any cracking stuff.

--
$ apt-get moo