Looking for serious Photoshop 7/CS users to break wine

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Dec 23 06:24:41 CST 2007

Our support for Photoshop 7 and maybe CS
is strong enough for industrial users --
and if it isn't, I'd like to know about it so
we can do something about it.
So I posted notes asking for serious Photoshop
users to try it and let us know what's still broken:
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c05a212
Hopefully that will bring in some good bug reports.
- Dan
p.s. The latter message reads
-- snip --
Topic: Wine Project looking for Photoshop CS users who want Linux support

If you're not a Linux user, or if you don't like the idea of
running Photoshop for Windows on Linux, you can stop reading now,
this message probably won't be interesting to you.

The Wine project is looking for hardcore Photoshop CS or 7
users who use Photoshop professionally, all day, every day,
and who are willing to tell us why they can't do that in Linux
using Wine yet.

We know everybody would like Photoshop CS3 or at least
CS2 support, but support for CS2 and CS3 isn't quite
ready, so we'd like to focus on our strengths, and support
Photoshop 7 and CS excellently. Don't worry, we're also
working on the CS2 and CS3 issues. Getting all the 7 and CS
issues taken care of builds a stronger foundation for CS2 and CS3.

If something doesn't work in Photoshop 7 or CS itself,
or your favorite plugin works in Windows with 7 or CS
but not in Wine, please let us know how to reproduce
the problem. To do that, just reply to this post,
or post in the wine-users mailing list,
or leave a comment in the wine appdb for Photoshop 7 or CS,
or file a bug in the Wine Bugzilla,
whichever you're more comfortable with.
We'll take it from there; if we can reproduce it, we'll
file a bug and see if we can get a wine developer to fix it.

Ideally you'd test with the latest release of Wine
(currently 0.9.51), but if you're still on a slightly older
version, don't sweat it, we'll retest on the latest for you.

Thanks!
Dan Kegel
Wine 1.0 Release Manager
-- snip --