Which is more important to Linux users, itunes or photoshop?

Maarten Lankhorst maarten at codeweavers.com
Mon Dec 24 07:06:30 CST 2007

Hi Dan,

Dan Kegel schreef:
> Not a real question, but I thought this graph was interesting:
>
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=dreamweaver+linux%2C+%22world+of+warcraft%22+linux%2C++itunes+linux%2C+photoshop+linux
>
> It seems iTunes on Linux is twice as popular a query as Photoshop on Linux.
> No idea what that really means, but it does make me
> want to get our iTunes support shipshape...
>
> Then again, this graph shows mplayer beating out itunes (presumably
> because it works):
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=dreamweaver+linux%2C+mplayer+linux%2C++itunes+linux%2C+photoshop+linux
>
> OK, too much fooling around with graphs.  Back to
> watching Underdog with my four-year-old...

This is just looking for search queries, there are probably a lot more
variationis of it (such as dreamweavers+ubuntu, etc). I personally think
all 3 important:
- iTunes because it's such a popular program, and wine should have
support for it.
- Photoshop and dreamweaver are because there are no professional
alternatives for it with a familiar interface.

They are 2 groups that have different demands of the os (amusement vs
productivity). So I think they are both important in their own way.

Cheers,
Maarten.