IDirectSound and Unknown IID

Guillaume B. guillaume.benny at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 29 10:51:46 CST 2007

 Hi,

 First post here, so I don't know if it's the right place for this.

 I'm trying to make the sound and music work in a game with Wine. Currently,
the sound doesn't work because the game does some tests to check if
everything is OK before it starts the music.

 For now, it fails early in those tests but I've hacked some things in the
latest git source and the game goes a little farther before it stops trying
to make the sound and music work. But now I'm stuck so I was wondering if
anyone had an idea.

 Here's a part of the dsound trace:

trace:dsound:IDirectSound8_IDirectSound8_QueryInterface (0x2ce8de8
{2a8af120-e9de-4132-aaa5-4bdda5f325b8},0x34d634)
trace:dsound:DSOUND_QueryInterface8 (0x2fdc1e0
{2a8af120-e9de-4132-aaa5-4bdda5f325b8},0x34d634)
warn:dsound:DSOUND_QueryInterface8 Unknown IID
{2a8af120-e9de-4132-aaa5-4bdda5f325b8}

 So the problem is that the interace {2a8af120-e9de-4132-aaa5-4bdda5f325b8}
is not supported by the current Wine implementation. I've searched around
but I couldn't find anything about this IID. If I knew what interface it
was, maybe I could implement a stub and it might make the sound work.

 So does anyone as an idea?

 Thanks,

 Guillaume B.