[lostwages] Update download-deb page with better information, error fixes

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Sun Feb 4 04:40:31 CST 2007

On Sa, 2007-02-03 at 13:00 -0800, Scott Ritchie wrote:

> > The Sidenet - Script is still there.
> >
> I removed all traces of it from the wine wiki page I set up here, which
> the download-deb page should link to now:
> http://wiki.winehq.org/UbuntuAMD64

> I agree with you and Vitaly about this, by the way.

Great.
It's still there, but it's intresting, how fast it went away:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WineForAMD64

> > Another Tip:
> > "Next get the libxxf86dga1 package"
> >
> > Why that?
> > DGA was dropped in July 2006:
> The main problem is that I don't have a 64-bit machine and haven't
> tested the instructions myself,

I have also no 64-Bit machine here.

> if Wine was compiled with DGA support (as the 32 bit package was)
That is not possible since Aug. 2006.

The Part of the Patch "Kill DGA support", that removed "-lXxf86dga":
http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=commitdiff;h=98179f06565b7f681d3cddcce69e25801e3a521f#patch2

> But if it can be eliminated entirely that's really good news.

You can remove the libXxf86dga-dev package and build wine again:
The same "winex11.dev.so" is build.

--

By by ... Detlef