wineboot: Start items in StartUp folder on boot, includes security measures.

Misha Koshelev mk144210 at bcm.tmc.edu
Sun Feb 11 15:34:22 CST 2007

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your suggestions. I just posted a new patch on wine-patches
where I tried to incorporate these and now it does the following (in
addition to my previous patch which just started items in the StartUp
folder):

- When wineboot finds a file that it wants to start in the StartUp
folder, it asks the user whether he wants to run the program. His
options are: Always, Yes, No (default), and Never.
- If he selects Yes the program is run, if he select No it is not.
- If he selects Always or Never, I create a registry key in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\StartupItems with the full pathname
of the program and the value "always" or "never." When wineboot sees
this program in the StartUp folder it checks this key, and if it is
set it performs the appropriate action.

What do you guys think? If you like the system, it would be pretty easy
to incorporate this into the run key running as well (which are
currently just run without any user confirmation)?

Thanks
Misha

p.s. please please please anyone who is familiar with IShellFolder if
you could look over those parts and just say yes it looks good that
would make me feel better. I think it is correct but really an expert's
opinion would be great.