AppDB performance issue

Jeremy Newman jnewman at codeweavers.com
Fri Feb 16 14:32:30 CST 2007

A few problems.

First off, the web server and smtp server for winehq.org are all on the
same box. WineHQ just gets hammered with spam some days. All that spam
load takes I/O away from mysql. I've updated the mail daemon to go into
a queue only mode when the load average gets to high.

Secondly, for those who admin the appdb. Some pages send out email. The
default settings for PHP when sending mail are very slow. I changed a
setting in PHP to speed that up.