0.9.31 not suitable for gaming

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Tue Feb 20 04:05:51 CST 2007

Am Dienstag 20 Februar 2007 06:37 schrieb Pavel Troller:
>   - Steam based games, mainly HL2: During game load, the screen goes black.
> Moving the cursor causes sound effects as it hovers across the menus and
> buttons, so the program runs, but nothing can be seen.
This regression is known, and it should be fixed already. It was caused by my
patch which made wined3d return an error if an unsupported query is created,
like windows does. Wine does not support event queries, but many apps expect
them to be supported. I have sent another patch(committed already) that
re-enables the fake event queries.

>   - Fallout Tactics (BOS.exe): Shows a dialog stating
> "C:\dev\phoenix\display\win32\win32_window.cpp(873): **fatal error**:
> Could not create display buffers"
> and then another one about abnormal termination of the program and quits.
I don't know about this regression. Can you do a bisect?