0.9.31 not suitable for gaming

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Thu Feb 22 09:08:24 CST 2007

Hi!
> Am Donnerstag 22 Februar 2007 15:04 schrieb Pavel Troller:
> >   So I commented out the SetWindowPos() call in ..._SetupFullscreenWindow
> > (on lines 1251&2 of the today's source) and... voilla, the game starts and
> > runs perfectly. My son has verified it and didn't find any problems.
> Yeah, the SetWindowPos isn't required for all games. One game that needs it is
> Gothic 2.
>
> It is strange that SetWindowPos crashed. Can you check that window is
> valid(i.e. not NULL)?
And would it be possible that the immediately following ShowWindow(window, TRUE)
wouldn't fail too ?

> TRACE("window is %p\n", window);
>
> >   Because I didn't read anything from Stefan for a while, I'll wait a bit
> > more and then I'll create a bugzilla record for it.
> >   Is it ok ?
> I was away the last day on a small LAN party with friends, thats why I didn't
> reply.
OK, never mind. I can continue debugging tonight, just now the machine is
occupied by my son and his friend :-). I will look at SetWindowPos(). Could you
tell me in which file its source is ?
                           With regards, Pavel Troller