xcopy support try 1...

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Thu Feb 22 17:25:54 CST 2007

On Do, 2007-02-22 at 21:52 +0000, Ann & Jason Edmeades wrote:
> Firstly, I am not sure I have included everything correctly to define a new
> directory in the build tree,

With git, you only need to add all the new files to the Index
("git-update-index --add programs/xcopy/Makefile.in" as Example)
and only that changes should be send.

tools/make_makefiles does the rest, so you compile and test
your new app.

> I have only implemented the basics,

Converting to unicode later is much harder.
I suggest to use UNICODE from the begining.
An example UNICODE console app is "programs/msiexec/*"

When you really want to have also an ansi-version
(for DOS or win9x as example), you can use TCHAR and test
your app with and without "#define UNICODE".

UNICODE is prefered and you avoid converting a lot of data,
when the app is running.

>  which is file and subdirectory
> copying plus the simple reporting information.

The Patch would be even smaller, when you do no copy at all or just
do a Filecopy without recursion / Parameter-Parsing (wildcards )

> + * According to http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/msdos/comm8.mspx?mfr=true

Please remove that ref.
Many URLs are a dead link really fast.

--