RFC: OpenAL32.dll thunk -- demacroized

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon Jan 1 15:42:42 CST 2007

Am 01.01.2007 um 12:06 schrieb Nick Burns:

> Here is my OpenAL32.dll thunk demacroized. Sorry this took so long
> -- finally got some time with the break.
>
> This is basically the same patch as before -- supports the same
> functionality and all -- but no more cool macros (of doom)
> (~500 lines -> ~1500 lines)
>
> I have added as many extensions as I could find to this thunk.
> (no idea on where these extensions are available)
>
> I would like to fix up the extension handling at some point
> (basically it needs to be more like OpenGL)
>
> I would like any comments on this patch
> And would hopefully like to get it in wine
Some things I noticed

The openal.c header:
+/* Written by Nick Burns (adger44 at hotmail.com) */
+/* while sick */
+/* now demacroized */

I think you should take the usual LGPL header that all the other
files use.

With regard to the traces, I think the usual convention is to write
all the function parameters in the trace. I don't know how well this
can be done, and I imagine that it is quite some work and makes
autogeneration with a script(like opengl) much harder.

If the openal headers are missing you use stubs that just print a
fixme. This is fine, but I think the fixme's should be ERRs. The
DllMain library in that case should maybe return FALSE in that case,
so the app can deal with the lack of openal(or just fail)

I will give the new version another try with Jedi Academy :-)

Stefan