systray icon questions

James Liggett jrliggett at cox.net
Tue Jan 2 15:56:09 CST 2007

On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 11:33 +0300, Kirill K. Smirnov wrote

> I've tried kde, fluxbox and xfce4 (and fvwm, but it lacks systray).
> Now I can see that xfce4 suffers from it. I did not noticed that before.
>
> So, I suppose a new patch (attached). Does it work correct with
> GNOME? In xfce is OK.
>
> Thanks for pointing the path!
I tried your patch, and on GNOME it doesn't seem to have much of an
effect (the systray window still had a caption on it.) I also tried it
on XFce, where for some weird reason it hung my box. Not sure what's
going on there :( Anyway, I did try this once before, and it didn't
work. So it seems that this isn't the solution you're hoping for :(

Sorry to burst your bubble,
James