appdb rating inflation

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg231 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 07:33:12 CST 2007

Jan Zerebecki wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 07:00:20PM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
>
>> I'd like to change this to make it clear that cracks are a no-no for
>> anything Silver and above, and make Platinum and Gold rather
>> more rigorous:
>>

> I don't think that is helpful. What is more important:
>
> to know that it works only with cosmetic problems after quite
> some work(arounds)
>
> or that it does not work at all without workarounds and to have
> no information about how it works with workarounds?

I think that depends on your target audience.

Paying customer - no workarounds, misleading advertising

New user, unfamiliar with wine - no workarounds, user will be confused,
will not understand

Wine expert user - doesn't care about rating, wants to see the HowTo
instructions and get the app to work

Developer - doesn't care about rating, wants to see how close we are to
making app work (what workarounds are left, etc..)