wininet: Remove the custom thread pool implementation and use QueueUserWorkItem instead.

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Thu Jan 4 15:14:17 CST 2007

Robert Shearman wrote:
> Hi Jacek,
>
> Thanks for looking through the patch.
>
> Jacek Caban wrote:
>> Why do you copy lpRequest to workRequest? You could use lpRequest
>> in asyncproc and WININET_Release and call HeapFree before return.
>> Then workRequest may be removed.
>
> Two reasons:
> 1. This was how the code did it before - I copied it from
> INTERNET_ExecuteWork/INTERNET_GetWorkRequest.
> 2. The stack is already allocated, so using it instead of the heap
> makes sense since it allows the block in the heap to be used again
> immediately.
>
> Yes, it's two more lines of code, but I can't see a convincing reason
> to change it from how it was before. Can you?
Both reasons don't convince. The previous code copied it indirectly in a
called
function, but, nevertheless, those two lines of code are not worth
discussion.
Sorry for the noise. I was planning to change the requests code a bit. You
already beat me to this patch. I also want to get rid of union in WORKREQ
and this change requires passing pointers everywhere around request
functions.

Thanks,
    Jacek