[15/20] WineD3D: Clean up drawprim a bit

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg231 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 15:25:10 CST 2007

Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> Now that almost everything is gone from drawPrimitiveDrawStrided we don't need
> a subfunction for calling drawStridedSlow/Fast any longer

I think while we're cleaning up things, all of software shaders should
be removed.

There's tons of code in drawprim and *shader.c, which is disabled,
doesn't work, and isn't on the right track if you ask me. None of the
changes to make the shader parser 3.0 compliant are used in the disabled
paths. There's even an "Emulation" value in winecfg which just confuses
the user, since it doesn't work.

I did have a working implementation of software shaders some time ago,
which broke things up into functions, and shared the tracing and parser
with hardware shaders - but in the end it was too slow, and I abandoned
it as the wrong approach too. Unless we generate asm on the fly for the
shader or something like that, I don't think software shaders will be
made to work soon.