[15/20] WineD3D: Clean up drawprim a bit

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sun Jan 7 04:40:43 CST 2007

Am Samstag 06 Januar 2007 22:25 schrieb Ivan Gyurdiev:
> Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> > Now that almost everything is gone from drawPrimitiveDrawStrided we don't
> > need a subfunction for calling drawStridedSlow/Fast any longer
>
> I think while we're cleaning up things, all of software shaders should
> be removed.
>
> There's tons of code in drawprim and *shader.c, which is disabled,
> doesn't work, and isn't on the right track if you ask me. None of the
> changes to make the shader parser 3.0 compliant are used in the disabled
> paths. There's even an "Emulation" value in winecfg which just confuses
> the user, since it doesn't work.
Perhaps.

We will need software shaders for a correct implementation of
IWineD3DDevice::ProcessVertices. It supports Vertex shaders, but I don't
really think OpenGL feedback mode is what we want here.

Maybe we should remove it for now, but keep the code somewhere(in the wiki
maybe). If someone is extra-ambitious we can do something like
Softwire/SwiftShader does. But I think ProcessVertices is a good oportunity
to verify our vertex shader implementation.