WineD3D: Fix my name

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Thu Jan 11 05:26:12 CST 2007

"Alexandre Julliard" <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:

> > Correct the umlauts for utf8, this seems to be the encoding everyone uses
>
> Actually the encoding for source files is Latin-1 at the moment. This
> should probably be changed once we convert resources to utf-8, to make
> all files use the same encoding.

I'd say that since converting resources to UTF-8 makes them not compatible
with any other resource compiler except wrc, IMO that's a bad idea.  I personally
time from time edit Wine resources in Visual Studio and compile them with rc.exe
from PSDK and Visual Studio for testing. Also, there are not much editors in
the Windows world that support UTF-8, since it's a multibyte encoding and in
general is very cumbersome encoding to work with. Please don't do that.

--
Dmitry.