WineD3D: Fix my name

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Jan 11 07:11:40 CST 2007

"Dmitry Timoshkov" <dmitry at codeweavers.com> writes:

> I'd say that since converting resources to UTF-8 makes them not compatible
> with any other resource compiler except wrc, IMO that's a bad idea.  I personally
> time from time edit Wine resources in Visual Studio and compile them with rc.exe
> from PSDK and Visual Studio for testing. Also, there are not much editors in
> the Windows world that support UTF-8, since it's a multibyte encoding and in
> general is very cumbersome encoding to work with. Please don't do that.

Well, yes, you'd have to remember to run iconv on the file when you
want to use it on Windows. OTOH it makes it easier to mail patches,
and more importantly to detect when the encoding has been mangled by
the mailer, which is IMO a more frequent operation than compiling them
under Windows.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org